Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Murray River

I have seen the most beautiful place ever!! We popped into Renmark, from Berri, which is also on the Murray River, then just along was Paringa, a little town, with a sign that said to Headings Cliff. So off we went, found a lovely camping spot right on the river for another time, but coming back we stopped at a lookout, with the most magnificent view of the Murray River. The high red cliffs with the river winding around the corner, magic - so many photos - I will put one on blog when I have my own internet going again (grrr) but am on the caravan parks computer, which is fine.
This area, Riverland, along the Murray River has lush grass, vineyards, lots of roses in the gardens and down the middle of the streets. Renmark particularly is quite picturesque.
Its very windy here today - don't think Tony will go and fish. He put some mesh on the front of the car to stop locusts getting into the engine and air filter!!
Off to Mildura tomorrow. Will stay there a few days. Oh, yes - those who know me will understand - I got a little bag of this red sand to take home for in my paintings!!

1 comment:

  1. I've been a bit behind on my commenting Liz, but i am still (avidly) reading. Sounds beautiful (I did a Google search to get an idea) and i can very well understand taking home a bag of sand. Can't wait to hear how you use it!
    Ack! I hope you will be leaving the locust behind soon. Is Tony using any for bait?

    ReplyDelete