Friday, April 23, 2010

Beachport, Robe and Murray Bridge

From Port Fairy, where Tony didn't catch any fish (!), we then travelled further along the Great Ocean Rd to Beachport. Tony's father was a park ranger here many years ago. It is a typical beachy, seaside town, with a long jetty, lots of fishing boats coming and going,but again no fish were caught!! We had a couple of nights there, I painted a very bad painting from the beach, and then today we moved on.
There always has to be at least one challenge while on holiday, right? And this time it was the rain! Lovely sound on canvas, but not so good when everything is wet and you are trying to pack things away and fold up the camper.So we were somewhat wet by the time we left!!
Yesterday we had also gone for a drive in to Robe which was a bit further up the coast, so today we bypassed that, and had quite a long, boring drive, as it was a grey rainy day. We went past the Coorong, which is basically lakes behind the sand dunes that separate the lakes from the sea, but have lots of wetland birds. But you can't see a whole lot from the car!
So now we are at Murray Bridge. Moths and little flies are the current challenge. Also my main big pain is that I can't email out, can receive emails, but I guess that Outlook Express was not set up propertly to send out emails. So sorry everyone if you are not getting emails from me. I am thinking of you all, and wishing you were here.
I will download and post some more photos later. Tomorrow we are off to Hahndorf in the Adelaide Hills to meet up with Tony's mum, aunt and uncle. Next day we catch up with his sister Di and her husband.
Joey has been very good - I thought you would like to know. Till later, love from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment