Monday, April 26, 2010

Locust plague

Wow, what a day we had!! We left Murray bridge and arrived at Berri yesterday, but on the way we went through the locust plague! They were hitting the windscreen like hail stones, and you could see them on the road, looking just like autumn leaves as they blew up on to the car as you drove along.
When we arrived, the front of the car, and the engine and radiator were covered. I did take a photo to put on here, but I am writing from the caravan park computer, as I just don't seem tobe able to bring up the recharge part of the telstra wireless broadband. So if you don't hear from me for awhile, this is why, I am out of hours!! It gets used up quickly when I put a photo on.
Today we drove into Barmara, to the bakery of course, and then Tony did try fishing in the river across from the caravan park, but the only notable thing that happened was that Joey fell in the river!!

Tomorrow we will pop in to Renmark.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, the locust thing would just drive me completely bonkers! Did Joey enjoy his swim? lol! No worries about posting Liz. Will enjoy what you post whenever ... :))
    meggs.

    ReplyDelete